POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fantasy home theater : Re: Fantasy home theater Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fantasy home theater
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Aug 2000 18:31:29
Message: <chrishuff-089A05.17325424082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39a58105@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> Seems you might need media in that room then, and turn diffuse way up
> over 1.

I don't think media would be necessary just to get light emitted from
the screen...

> The MegaPov radiosity uses the diffuse amount and not the ambient
> amount.

Actually, it uses the diffuse amount for the amount radiosity
contributes to the lighting of the object, but still uses the ambient
value for the amount of light from the object itself. You usually do a
glowing object by giving it a high ambient, though you should use
ambient 0 for non-glowing objects.
The old radiosity used the ambient value for the amount of radiosity
applied to the object, so ambient 0 meant that no radiosity would be
used for the object. This is what was changed in the new radiosity.

> Add 'media on' in the radiosity statement.

Why?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><